I've been asked (in John McClure's absence) to forward this to the list.

Mitchum Bock
Acting Allstat List Owner
Department of Statistics
University of Glasgow

NEWS FROM THE CURRENT INDEX TO STATISTICS

A new informational web site has been initiated for the Current Index to
Statistics. Please view it at http://www.statindex.org
(The query web site is still at http://query.statindex.org)

We are pleased to announce the following news about CIS. Details for
each of these items are posted on the web site under the heading "CIS

News: Other Current News and Announcements". You can also write to
[log in to unmask] to request more details.

(1) QUERY WEB SITE: The CIS query web site serves subscribers to the
database, providing a centralized search engine. As a service to the
statistics profession, CIS also sponsors FREE access to a limited version
of the database, including records up to and including 1991.

(2) NEW ABSTRACTING EDITOR APPOINTED: George Styan has been appointed as
CIS Abstracting Editor.

(3) SEARCH FOR NEW DATABASE EDITOR: We have begun a search for the next
CIS Database Editor. This editor is in charge of assembly and quality
control of the CIS database, working in cooperation with Professor
Styan.

(4) SEEKING CONTRIBUTING EDITORS IN ALL FIELDS: CIS seeks new volunteer
Contributing Editors to extract bibliography on articles with significant
statistical content from journals other than our core of statistical and
methodological journals. We depend on these contributors to improve our
coverage of important statistical applications and methodological
advances in a variety of disciplines.

Alan Zaslavsky
Chairman, CIS Management Committee