Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has, or knows of, any data regarding how
many medical statisticians are produced in this country each year
and where they go. For example, what proportion go into the
pharmaceutical industry, what proportion work in the NHS etc.

Clearly the definition of 'medical statistician' is problematic; I
was thinking principally of those with an applied postgraduate
qualification specifically in medical/bio- statistics but this is
perhaps a little narrow.

My feeling is that however many there are (and however the term is
defined) there doesn't seem to be enough...

Any info gratefully received.

Lee