*** an announcement from The Association for Survey Computing.
*** Apologies for any cross-postings

               Association for Survey Computing

            INTERNET SURVEY CHALLENGE AND SHOWCASE

       January 31, 2001, Mander Hall at Hamilton House, London

The ASC is pleased to announce that 4 suppliers have now been selected
to participate in our Internet Survey Challenge and Showcase.

* FIRM (Future Information Research Management) will be demonstrating
  "confirmit"

* HumanVoice Inc will be demonstrating a variety of their e-survey
  products

* Mercator will be demonstrating "snap Internet survey software"

* Pulse Train Ltd will be demonstrating "Bellview WEB" and "Pulsar WEB"

Each challenger will be given 45 minutes to present solutions to a
standard set of tasks ranging from sample selection to Web-based
publication of the results.

In addition, we will have two, case-study demonstrations illustrating
why and how the challenges of internet-based survey research sometimes
mean that you have to go far beyond the capabilities of even the best
off-the-shelf products.

* John Lyons (NOP): Tables on the Web

* Simon Musgrave (UK Data Archive): "NESSTAR, an Infrastructure for
  Data Dissemination via the Internet"

Further details, including the standard task list and a booking form,
are available from the ASC web site, as well as our Administrator,
Diana Elder. These will be updated on an on-going basis.

As always, there will be a a wide range of related software on display,
and potential exhibitors should also contact Diana for further
information.

Please reply to:

        Diana Elder, Administrator ([log in to unmask])
        ASC, PO Box 60, Chesham, Bucks, UK  HP5 3QH
        tel/fax: +44 (0)1494 793033
        http://www.asc.org.uk

This message has been sent on behalf the ASC by:

        Randy Banks ([log in to unmask])
        Institute for Social and Economic Research (ISER)
        University of Essex, Colchester, UK CO4 3SQ