FOR INFORMATION

Dear colleagues

Just to let you know that a meeting took place last night with David
Blunkett and the CVCP President, Professor Howard Newby, CVCP Chief
Executive Diana Warwick and UCEA Chief Executive, Peter Humphreys, on equal
opportunities and equal pay.  Other issues considered included the Bett
Report and the CVCP's Spending Review.  The meeting was called by the
Secretary of State, emphasising the prominence being placed by the
Government on ensuring that universities are taking these issues seriously.
Attached below is a copy of a joint press release from the meeting.