Dear ACB members

Today I received a copy of the advance letter (SP) 6/2000 which outlines the increases to national salary scales 2000/2001 and 2000/2002 copies of the letter can be found at www.doh.gov.uk/coin.htm

The paragraph relating to 2001/2002 payclaim states

"In the context of the agreement on "Agenda for Change" (including the principle of pay linkage set out in para 7.4 of the joint framework of principles and agreed statement on the way forward issued on 8th October 1999) and the joint commitment to lifelong learning, a minimum RPI(x) at December 2000 reported in January 2001, plus 0.5%"

There has been little debate about "Agenda for Change" on the mailing list which is understandable as Mike Hallworth requested emails regarding comments about it to go directly to him. I thought ACB members should be aware of the above para in the advance letter as agreement on the agenda seems to be linked with pay and the deadline for comments about the agenda is the 6th Dec.

From a personal point of view I thought the agenda for change was a rather wordy but constructive document, but does appear to be formalising the discussions the RCP thinktank were having about a year ago.

All the best
John O'Connor (Don't shoot me im only the messenger)
ACB Webmaster