We at Lewisham would also appreciate advice on this topic.
We have just started to work on a ward requesting system linked to our hospital intranet ward results system and eventually the CDS Telepath 2000 lab system, depending on the future of that system.  The commercial company CCS are involved as it is part of a wider intranet requesting system covering far more than Pathology. The initial plan has been similar to Singapore to provide an almost exact copy of the current printed request form.  Some tick boxes for the common tests & groups and then drop done menu for the others.  Because of potential problems with Telepath and the speed/efficiency of CCS we are initially working on a system to produce clear, legible, bar coded request forms and phlebotomy lists as an interim before linking to the Pathology system.
Paul Eldridge                              020 8333 3255
Clinical Biochemistry
University Hospital Lewisham
London SE13 6LH
UK