This is of course a major issue in attempts to subvert urine screening for
misused drugs. If you look in the back pages of "Private Eye" and other
magazines of similar ilk you will find adverts for products that, after
consumption, will render your urine "clean and pure" for several hours.

The instructions require you to take the product with enough water to dilute
your urine. Water drinking is one of the techniques used to try to obfuscate
urine drug screening.

These products typically contain:

	Creatine - gets metabolised (Ha!) to creatinine, comes out in the urine and
defeats the identification of an abnormally dilute urine by assay of urine
creatinine.

	B vitamin complex (it even smells yeasty). This turns the urine yellow
defeating the identification of a dilute urine by appearance. (Try looking
at such a urine with a Woods Lamp....)

	Pectin. Blocks enterohepatic drug circulation reducing urine concentration
(Ha! again)

	Flavouring.

Osmolality measurement will identify a dilute urine such as is produced when
someone takes one of these products.

Lets hope this gets a nice thread started.........

Robert Forrest