I note both CK tests are reported in units. The activity based assay for CKMB works by inhibiting the CK-M subunit, measuring B and then multiplying by 2 to get a CKMB activity. Therefore if you have a lot of CK-BB, you get wierd results - This sample could be the results of having 725 UNits of the total CK activity due to BB subunit ? a brain injury???

TIM

Prof. T. Reynolds,
Clinical Chemistry Dept,
Queens Hospital,