Mike Collins wrote:
	The IBMS recently pulished a report of a court case in which a
	comment about a haemolysed sample - advising that the
	results should be interpreted with caution - was held to apply
	to a blood gas sample which had the same labnumber.  Is
	seems as if the law requires different numbers for different
	sample types.

There should be no problem using the same lab number for different sample
types so long as any comments that are made are specific with respect to
what they relate to.

Ian Barlow