Huw Griffiths wrote:
 If anyone is currently using a single number
> successfully I would appreciate some advice in order to overcome
> some of the Haematological objections we are getting

The IBMS recently pulished a report of a court case in which a
comment about a haemolysed sample - advising that the
results should be interpreted with caution - was held to apply
to a blood gas sample which had the same labnumber.  Is
seems as if the law requires different numbers for different
sample types.

Mike Collins
Mike Collins MLSO3
Clinical Biochemistry & Immunology
The General Infirmary at Leeds,
Old Medical School, Thoresby Place
Leeds LS1 3EX, UK
44 (0) 113 392 2915
The opinions expressed here are my own.
My colleagues and employers may not agree with them.