From: "Dale Calderwood" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Leavenseat
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 20:50:16 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01C01131.91ED6DA0

Dear Adrian, Greetings from Vancouver, B.C. Canada.  I would appreciate =
some help if you have the time.  My relatives are from Fauldhouse,West =
Lothian. - originally from Leavenseat near Fauldhouse.  I started out =
wanting to research "the relatives" but find my interest widening  a =
great deal to mining in Scotland especially the social aspect.  It seems =
I am slowly developing a real life time project and interest in this =
subject but am a rank beginner.  Because of personal  connections with =
Leavenseat I would really love to center my search there for the time =
being (if at all possible).  All I have been able to find out  under =
Edinburgh's list of metalliferous mines is that the Leavenseat site was =
owned by Peter Mitchell and sons (of Edinburgh), the agent was W. =
Henderson, underground workers - 66, Sur. 3 and the mineral worked was =
limestone.  Are there any resources available to find more detail about =
this site?  I have searched and searched the web.  Apparently there is =
an old fellow in Fauldhouse who lived in Leavenseat as a lad and when he =
found out about my interest wrote 8  pages  filled with memories, maps =
and diagrams.  I am anxiously awaiting their arrival by post.

I am apologizing ahead of time for taking up your valuable time.  I =
found your name in the British Mining web site (wonderful!!) and decided =
to "take a shot" at asking you for help. I quite understand if you =
cannot reply.  Thankyou for taking the time to read my letter.           =
                                                        Very sincerely,  =
Dale Calderwood

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01C01131.91ED6DA0

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Dear Adrian, Greetings from =
Vancouver, B.C.=20
Canada.&nbsp; I would appreciate some help if you have the time.&nbsp; =
My=20
relatives are from Fauldhouse,West Lothian. - originally from Leavenseat =
near=20
Fauldhouse.&nbsp; I started out wanting to research &quot;the =
relatives&quot;=20
but find my interest widening&nbsp; a great deal to mining in Scotland=20
especially the social aspect.&nbsp; It seems I am slowly developing a =
real life=20
time project and interest in this subject but am a rank beginner.&nbsp; =
Because=20
of personal&nbsp; connections with Leavenseat I would really love to =
center my=20
search there for the time being (if at all possible).&nbsp; All I have =
been able=20
to find out&nbsp; under Edinburgh's list of metalliferous mines is that =
the=20
Leavenseat site was owned by Peter Mitchell and sons (of Edinburgh), the =
agent=20
was W. Henderson, underground workers - 66, Sur. 3 and the mineral =
worked was=20
limestone.&nbsp; Are there any resources available to find more detail =
about=20
this site?&nbsp; I have searched and searched the web.&nbsp; Apparently =
there is=20
an old fellow in Fauldhouse who lived in Leavenseat as a lad and when he =
found=20
out about my interest wrote 8&nbsp; pages&nbsp; filled with memories, =
maps and=20
diagrams.&nbsp; I am anxiously awaiting their arrival by =
post.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I am apologizing ahead of time for =
taking up=20
your valuable time.&nbsp; I found your name in the British Mining web =
site=20
(wonderful!!) and decided to &quot;take a shot&quot; at asking you for =
help. I=20
quite understand if you cannot reply.&nbsp; Thankyou for taking the time =
to read=20
my=20
letter.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
Very sincerely,&nbsp; Dale Calderwood</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01C01131.91ED6DA0--