For our Open Day last year (part of our 50th anniversary celebrations) we
received sponsorship from Raleigh Industries who donated a bicycle and
Nottingham Playhouse who donated four tickets for a forthcoming production to
be given away as quiz prizes. We hold the archives of both and although we
organised small displays of their material neither were especially concerned
about what exactly we were offering apart from favourable publicity. The bike
was worth around £200 and the tickets around £50. We also received some help
with costume accessories from a local company. It seemed best to make an initial
approach by telephone ( I think people are more likely to refuse by letter or
it gets passed to someone junior to answer) and follow it up in writing.

Jenny Moran
Nottinghamshire Archives.