Hello:
[see below for remove]

Please forgive the impersonal nature of this email, but I
thought you might be interested in my new novel, Plan B
(St. Martin’s Press, February 2000).  The novel centers
around five college friends, eight years after graduation,
dealing with the complexities of friendship, love, celebrity,
addiction, kidnapping, pop culture and turning thirty.
As a newly published author, I don’t get the kind of marketing
and publicity that accomplished authors such as John Irving,
Stephen King or even Helen Fielding do, so I’m doing everything
I can to get the word out about my book.

I’ve included the jacket copy below, as well as some reviews
and the web pages at Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Borders.
If you have a minute, please check out my book.  And if you
read it, please email me and let me know what you thought.

Sincerely, Jonathan Tropper
For more info:

<A HERF="mailto:[log in to unmask]">

" If the Big Chill Had Generation X angst, you would probably
have something like Plan B. Tropper, in this debut novel,
explores the group's personal demons, failings and relationships.
Moreover, he does it with wit, insight and a lot of fun cultural
references to the eighties."- Booklist

"Funny, sweet and sometimes bitter, this novel should be a
popular read." -Library Journal

(Plan B Jacket Copy)

Turning thirty was never supposed to be like this.

Ten years ago, Ben, Lindsey, Chuck, Alison and Jack graduated
from NYU and went out into the world, fresh-faced and full of
dreams for the future.  But now Ben’s getting a divorce,
Lindsey’s unemployed, Alison and Chuck are stuck in ruts of
their own making, and Jack is getting more publicity for his
cocaine addiction than his multimillion-dollar Hollywood
successes.

It seems like the one thing they’ve learned since
graduation is that nothing turned out the way they’d planned it.
Suddenly turning thirty- past the age their parents were when
they were born, older than every current star athlete or pop
music sensation- seems to be both more meaningful and less than
they’d imagined ten years ago.

There’s no time to contemplate this milestone,
however; life is intervening, especially for Jack.  Desperate
times call for desperate measures, and though the bold plan the
friends devise to save Jack from himself may not be the best way,
once again going with Plan B seems to be the only choice they
have.

Jonathan Tropper’s wonderful debut novel is about
more than friendship, love, celebrity, addiction, kidnapping,
or even turning thirty- it’s a heartfelt, sharply written, comic
riff on what it means to be an adult against your will, to be
single when you thought you’d have a family, to realize nothing
in life happens like you planned it, to discover you are not,
in fact, immortal, and to learn that Star Wars is as good a life
lesson today as it was when you were six years old.

Amazon

<A HREF="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0312252536/o/qid=949600989/sr=8-2/103-9656408-0611051">

Barnes and Noble

<A HREF="http://shop.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=20316JIM1W&mscssid=8X17KWEBTSSH2LSU00CGND08MF0UCWBE&srefer=&isbn=0312252536">

Borders

<A HREF="http://search.borders.com/fcgi-bin/db2www/search/search.d2w/Details?&mediaType=Book&prodID=51540317">

We are terribly sorry if you received this message in
error. If you wish to be removed, please type REMOVE
in the subject line:  [log in to unmask]
Thank you.