Being a metalliferous rather than coal enthusiast, my son now stumps me
with local history questions.

He attends school in Desford (Bosworth College) and for his geography
GCSE he's writing about the environs of Desford. We have been out an
photographed the reclaimed Desford Colliery site - the only thing he
lacks is the dates for Desford Colliery, principally when it closed but
an approximate opening date if you have it. He's going into no more
detail than this.

If someone on the list can provide this information he'd mention you in
the references.

Thanks in advance

John
--
John Colby

Please note that we have changed Internet Service Providers.

My email address is now - [log in to unmask]

New website at http://www.btinternet.com/~johnandsandy.colby
Last Updated Sunday 21st May 2000