Hi List,

I am new to this list and fairly new to mining history. I
have approached it as a process based extension to a long
standing interest in industrial railways.
I am researching the history of the above barytes mine in
the parish of Church Pulverbatch and wonder if any reader
has information on any of the following:
Cothercott Co. aka Cothercott Mining Co.
Anglo Rhodesia Investments Co Ltd
Shropshire Mineral Investments Ltd
Wilderley Copper Mine, or
James Bainton Walker of Beverley and Church Pulverbatch.

I have accessed the obvious sources eg Shropshire Caving
and Mining Club Library, Shropshire Records and Research,
British Geological survey and Skinners Mining Year Books.

Wilderley mine is of interest as the land was in the same
ownership and much of its capital came from the same
sources. Cothercott was at least prospected for copper as
remains of work by the 'old men' were found prior to 1915,
Roman coins have also been found in the area and Murchison
refers to copper ore not very far
away.