Some information I picked up at the INFOcus Board I attended this week:

1. ASSIST  Residential Conference 2001

This will be held 8 - 10 February 2001 at the Hilton Hotel, Blackpool. Lealfet will be in next HCLU mailing.

2. INFOcus Projects Manager

Christine Norris (formerly of Wigan & Bolton) has been appointed as the Project Manager for INFOcus. She takes up post in late November and I understand she will be based at Wrightington.

(Reminder: INFOcus is a Regional Office funded group which develops and provides IM&T training in the North West. Some of our courses are being funded via INFOcus this year - critical appraisal skills, teaching skills....)

3. Replacement for Caryl Plewes (who replaced Dave Miller...)

The advert for a new Regional Information Education, Training and Development Adviser is already out and closes next week. Interviews are due mid-November.

David Stewart

Regional Director of Health Libraries
Health Care Libraries Unit
Thelwal House