>Aris and all, I erred in my initial post: the example of the parallel witch
>movie to _Blair Witch Project_, especially in the alternation of
>black-and-white and color footage, is _The Wizard of Oz-, not _Gone with
>the
>Wind_ (?).

That makes much more sense now JMC - wonder how Freud would interpret that
slip-of-the-keyboard :-)

All interpretations, however, are not. For Freud interpretations
>hinge on psychic states.
I guess this also relates to the idea of transference and
counter-transference in the psychoanalytic experience?  How the analyst and
the patient kind of get into a feedback loop whereby each projects stuff
onto the other.  Which leads us to the question: is there any 'valid'
interpretaion?  I guess not, in any 'objective' sense, but then the
'authentic' in the interpretation results in being the one more effective
for the analysis and the working-out of the dream.

>Your example of your friend liking _BWP_ better on videotape than at the
>cinema, Aris,
>shows how much we take video to be "authentic," "caught-on-tape" footage,
>correct?

Well, this is correct at least when it comes to the specific film, which
promises itself to be the 'footage found' - in its video form, there it is,
the actual video tape.

Aris