In a way, this isn't a Data Protection issue but ...

I liked Alan Yuill's redraft with a small caveat. The service which needs this statement is one which exists to meet the needs of students and isn't doing anything with the data for its own purposes, isn't it? [No cynical comments please] So why not make that clear from the start by the way the thing's ordered?

 - To supply you with the full service of the Disability and Special Needs Centre, we may need to consult with and disclose information to relevant departments within the University and other organisations outwith the University. -

Perhaps the centre might also have a policy that if there is any doubt whether the disclosure is acceptable or foreseeable it will always consult the student first. That would seem to be necessary in DPA terms anyway.

Paul