Hi,

I have written my first DP statement (ain't I clever?) for students who
register to use our Disability and Special Needs Centre.

We don' want to discourage students from registering so I have tried to keep
it brief and non-threatening. Part of the statement does not relate to DP but
any comments are welcome.

<QUOTE>
Personal information supplied on this form may be disclosed to relevant
departments within the University.  Data will also be used to monitor the
services provided by the Centre.

In order to enable us to provide this service, we may need to consult with
private or public organisations outside the University. Therefore, we seek
your permission to disclose - when necessary - details of your
disability/special needs to any such organisation.

BOX Tick if you agree

BOX Tick if you disagree

I understand that I have to re-register annually with the Disability Support
Centre and that the onus is on me to inform my Faculty and Department(s) of
my disability/special needs.

Signed .........................               Dated ...................

</QUOTE>

My puzzle is that if they disagree we cannot really provide any service as
part of the service can involve talking to GPs, Psychiatrists, Social
Services and others.  So far the approach is that we should explain to
students what is it all about.

Should I change it to effectively become ... you must agree or else you don't
get the service?  It is threatening and I don't like it.

TIA.
Charles

PS.  I guess I have now spend 50% of this year's time allocation to DP
activities.  One more statement and I will do DP next year again.  Nice!

Charles Christacopoulos, Secretary's Office, University of Dundee,
Dundee DD1 4HN, (Scotland) United Kingdom.
Tel: +44+(0)1382-344891. Fax: +44+(0)1382-201604.
http://somis.ais.dundee.ac.uk/
Scottish Search Maestro http://somis2.ais.dundee.ac.uk/