---------  Received message begins Here  ---------

> Note that Absoft has not made an announcement in comp.lang.fortran or this
> forum (where is Wood Lotz?) but their web page (http://www.absoft.com)
> indicates that they now apparently have Fortran 95 compilers for the
> Macintosh and Linux PPC (a Power PC version of Linux). Given that their
> different compilers should share common front ends,  and modifications of
> their Intel processor backend should not be too large if only Fortran 95
> related, I suspect that they will soon have Fortran 95 compilers for Windows
> and Intel Linux.

Exactly one year ago I tested Absoft ProFortran MP 6.0 on a
dual-processor board under Windows NT 4.0. The compiler was
accompanied by a parallelizer (SPF from APR). I found
that ProFortran MP with SPF was able to handle FORTRAN 77 sources
but was unable to handle (i.e. parallelize and compile) Fortran 90
programs for the dual-processor system. Neither
the Absoft support nor APR succeeded to handle my testprograms.
That's why I doubt that Absoft has now means to handle even
Fortran 95 programs and generate code for dual-processors
(automatically, without manually modifying the sources).
You may find a draft report on my experiences via
http://www.unics.uni-hannover.de/rrzn/gehrke/Dual-PII/fortran.html

Regards / WG

---
Wilhelm Gehrke, RRZN/UH, Schlosswenderstr. 5, D-30159 Hannover
EMail: [log in to unmask]  Phone: +49 (0)511 762-3902
WWW:   http://www.wilhelm-gehrke.de