> > If for no other reason, I'm not exactly sure how to reply
> > to only the author if the Reply-To: address is the list.  Do I have
> > to cut and paste his address from the header information manyally?
>
> Probably.  Which is just what I had to do now to reply to the list.
>
> There is a fairly active list for the OSU HTTP server.  Usually more
> traffic than here.  I haven't noticed any vacation messages.

The point, of course, is there that the list address is in the Reply-To:
header, while the original sender is in the From: header.  I also see
there is an X-BeenThere: header, with the list address in it.  I don't
know what it's for; perhaps for software to recognise that the message
has come via a list.