Subject: Re: Modern Fortran Programming with Digital Visual Fortran
From: Steve Lionel <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 1999/12/13
Newsgroups: comp.lang.fortran
On Sun, 12 Dec 1999 17:50:39 GMT, Gary Scott <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I've had the book "Modern Fortran Programming with Digital Visual Fortran" (ISBN
>1555582192) on order for about 6 months.  Fatbrain couldn't provide an estimate
>of publish date/availability.  Is there an estimate for this?

We have been told that the authors (Walt Brainerd, Dick Hendrickson,
Janet Greene) have informed the publisher (Butterworth-Heinnemann)
that they will not be able to complete the manuscript, and therefore
the book's publication has been cancelled.

We were very sorry to hear this, as we feel that an independent book
on Visual Fortran would have been very helpful.  If there are aspiring
authors out there who feel that they could put together such a book,
let me know and I'll be glad to put you in touch with
Butterworth-Heinnemann.

Send Visual Fortran support requests to [log in to unmask]

Steve Lionel (mailto:[log in to unmask])
Fortran Engineering
Compaq Computer Corporation, Nashua NH

Compaq Fortran web site: http://www.compaq.com/fortran
Compaq Fortran Message Board:
   http://forum.compaq.com:80/mb8/system/fortran_login.html

(end of original message)

You can view this message and the related discussion by following this link:
http://www.deja.com/%5bST_rn%3dps%5d/dnquery.xp?search=thread&svcclass=dnserver&[log in to unmask]
We hope to see you soon at Deja.com.
Before you buy.
http://www.deja.com/%5bST_rn%3dps%5d/