I do agree with Richard but with the caveat that Iwould like an arena in which to discuss matters of concern to those of us who work for non-post-nationalised businesses if that is the right expression.  While I welcome attempts to seek common ground with colleagues in the public sector (who are in the broad sense the majority, whatever you feel about the relationships between local government and university/special repositories) which can only be to the good in our comparitively tiny profession, it behoves the new SIG to offer that small number of business archivists room to discuss how we carry out our professional roles for an employer who is *not legally obliged* to provide public access to its records.
Mutual understanding between this sort of business archivist, business archivists like Richard and archivists in record offices coping with business deposits which do not easily match the rest of their holdings would be well promoted by the new SIG - of course building on existing relationships.
Have I repeated myself too much already?
Sarah

******

Sarah J A Flynn
Archivist (Historical Records)
Information Management and Analysis
Glaxo Wellcome plc
891-995 Greenford Road
Greenford
Middlesex UB6 0HE
UK

Direct line: 711 2395 / (+44) -208 966 2395
Fax: 711 2240 / (+44) -208 966 2240
Email: [log in to unmask]

******