Dear All

While I can appreciate that people do not want their in-boxes filling up
with mailbase messages all day, it does concern me that an increasing number
of requests for information ask for replies 'off list'. Obviously, not all
enquiries are relevant to all subscribers (and many are repetitive) but
surely part of the point of the listserv is to generate discussion and
illuminate pertinent issues. The retention of Social Service personnel files
is certainly not something that is an issue for me in my day-to-day work,
but raises a point of universal concern, namely Data Protection, that does
interest me. I note that Susan Healy has replied to the list regarding the
above question, but this seems to the exception rather than the norm. Even
those who say they will summarise responses received rarely seem to do so.
Perhaps people could make more of an effort to reply universally?

Sorry if this is not something that meets with any support, or is 'old hat',
but I had to get it off my chest!

Regards

Richard

Richard Schofield