Does anyone know the source of the soil composition data that
Kendall and Stuart used in Volume 3 of their Advanced Theory of
Statistics book to illustrate Principal Components Analysis? They
give sand, silt, clay and organic matter percentages and pH for 20
samples of soil and can be found on page 302 of the 3rd edition. I
used the same data myself in a book a couple of years back and a
reader has contacted me with the request for the source.
As usual please send replies to me, not the list. I'll announce the
result myself!
Terence Iles