SHITOLOGY  September 2023

SHITOLOGY September 2023

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

"Talking shit" - May Day Rooms, London - Thursday 12 October - 7,00pm

Ed Emery <[log in to unmask]>

Interdisciplinary excremental studies <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 20 Sep 2023 11:30:05 +0100

Dear Colleagues,

A small note to say:

On Thursday 12 October I shall be doing a pre-Conference talk at May Day
Rooms in Fleet Street, London. Time: 7.00pm.

The details, including registration link, are attached below.

The purpose is to introduce our Conference to the general public - and
also to look at possible activist perspectives on excremental matters.

If you are in town you are welcome to join us.

I have also written a short article giving some of the background of
these merdological matters. I attach it herewith, in case it is of
interest. (Please do not cite it without contacting me first, since it
is a draft version.)

The dung beetle rolls the shit up into a big ball. It is capable of
moving up to ten times its own weight in shit. That feels a bit like our
conference - from a very small beginning, we are gradually leveraging
interest at a worldwide level, and this is very good to see.

On technical matters - for those of you who are hoping to attend the
conference virtually -we are planning to make this a live-streaming
event, extending over the full two days. In other words, not an
interactive Zoom event, but filmed proceedings. The link will be
notified to you once we have set it up.

With best regards,

Ed

___________________

Web Page: https://maydayrooms.org/event/talking-shit/

Shitologists of the world, unite!

This summer Britain has been engulfed in shit. Our coastlines swamped in
brown filth pumped by the sewage companies. Our daily commute is invaded
by the ghoulish turd of the Pampers nappy company playing up the threat
of a “poonami”.

Shit and piss are fundamental matters of the human condition. But they
are little discussed in the public arena. In October Ed Emery is
organising an international conference on the subject, at SOAS. Title:
“Merde Alors! – An interdisciplinary conference on excrement past,
present and future”.

In order to launch the proceedings, Ed (who has deposited much of his
own historical shit at MDR) will be giving an introductory talk at May
Day Rooms, where shit discourse will be framed in more of a militant
context. You are invited to join him.

Sign up here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/talking-shit-tickets-715389959627

Conference website:
www.geocities.ws/shitology