Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: Alma To-Do Checklist at go-live

Lori Stethers <[log in to unmask]>

OpenAthens customer community <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 6 Jun 2023 12:14:33 +0000

text/plain

Hi Steve,

I'm happy to help. I wish we'd had this info when we went live, it would have saved us some headaches!  Here is what is working for us, your mileage may vary.

Substitute your customer id, database id, etc where I have capitalized CUSTOMERID, CUST_ID, DBID, OPID, etc, in URLs.

Ebsco collections

- Alma Collection level:  Proxy set to “no”

- Collection level URL Level URL (override). Make sure you have the appropriate authtypes. Change the defaultdb at the end of the URL to the correct Ebsco database code.  E.g. https://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=ip,shib&profile=ehost&custid=CUSTOMERID&defaultdb=DBID

- Alma Full Text Service level:  Proxy set to “no”

- Parser parameters required: SHIBBOLETH=YES ; CUSTOMER_ID=xxxx ; IPAUTH=YES  ; OPID=xxxx

- how to create a link to an individual article (such as for Reserve):  Do not proxy these URLs, do not add OpenAthens redirector. Change the accession number (AN=) at the end of the URL to the accession number shown in the article record on Ebsco.   https://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=ip,shib&custid=CUSTOMERID&direct=true&site=ehost-live&AN=ACCEESIONNUMBER

We really struggled to get Ebsco resources working. It turned out there was a setting in the Ebsco administration interface defining the auth types that was overriding the authtype passed in the URL.

Ebsco ebooks

-  Alma Collection level:  Proxy set to “no”

- Collection level URL (override). https://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=ip,shib&profile=ehost&custid=CUSTOMERID&defaultdb=DBID

- Alma Full Text Service level:  Proxy set to “no”

- Parser parameters:  SHIBBOLETH=yes  ; IPAUTH=yes  ; CUSTOMER_ID=xxxxx

- how to create a link to an individual ebook (such as for Reserve): Do not proxy these URLs, do not add OpenAthens redirector  Change the accession number (AN=) at the end of the URL to the accession number shown in the ebook record on Ebsco. https://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=ip,shib&custid=CUSTOMERID&direct=true&site=ehost-live&scope=site&profile=ehost&defaultdb=DBID&AN=ACCESSIONNUMBER

Gale resources

- Alma Collection level:  Proxy set to “no”

- Collection level URL Level URL or override must contain your Loc ID # eg http://infotrac.galegroup.com/itweb/LOCID?db=DBID  or  https://gdc.galegroup.com/gdc/artemis?p=DBID&u=LOCID

- Alma Full Text Service level:  Proxy set to “no”

- how to create a link to an individual article (such as for Reserve):  Do not proxy these URLs, do not add OpenAthens redirector

Kanopy

- Do not proxy these URLs, do not add OpenAthens redirector

Proquest Ebook Central/ebrary

- Alma Collection level:  Proxy set to “no”

- Collection Level URL or override must contain your CUST_ID  e.g. https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/CUST_ID/home.action

- Alma Full Text Service level:  Proxy set to “no”

- Parser parameters required:  CUST_ID=xxxxx

- how to create a link to an individual ebook (such as for Reserve):   Do not proxy these URLs, do not add OpenAthens redirector.  Example URL to an ebook: https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/CUST_ID/detail.action?docID=330232

Proquest databases

Alma Collection level:  Proxy set to “yes"

Alma Full Text Service level:  Proxy set to “yes”

- Parser parameters required:  CLIENTID=xxxx

- We have this note about linking to individual Proquest dbs from Libguides:  ProQuest combined databases on the A-Z list must have the proxy set to “no.” If the proxy is set to “yes,” the link gets reconfigured and all databases are searched instead.

Lori Stethers

Systems Librarian

(she/her - why?)

Wesleyan University | Wesleyan University Library

252 Church St  | Middletown, CT 06457

P. 860 685-3869

twitter.com/Wesleyan_Lib | www.wesleyan.edu/libr