BIRMAC  March 2023

BIRMAC March 2023

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Upcoming Seminar: Transnational Memory of the Sino-Japanese War, 30 March 3-5pm, UTC

Rebekah Cupitt <[log in to unmask]>

Birkbeck's Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Media and Culture <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 18 Mar 2023 11:55:13 +0000

text/plain

Dear BIRMAC list members,

We are continuing our series on Memorial Sites: Acts of Remembering through Visual Culture, organised and chaired by BIRMAC Fellow and Universitat de València lecturer, Dr Marcos Centeno.

The next seminar is on Transnational Memory of the Sino-Japanese War, 30th March, 3-5pm UTC (UK time) and we will be joined by four researchers who will be discussing their latest research.

This seminar includes four presentations and a discussion on:
- Reading the Transformations of Chinese War of Resistance Museums in the Xi Jinping Era through the Visual Analysis, with Markéta Bajgerová (ERC Project “Globalized Memorial Museums”, Austrian Academy of Science and University of Vienna)

- Investigating Photography Albums of Japanese Soldiers in North-East China. Methodological and Epistemological Challenges with Jasmin Ruckert (Heinrich Heine University, Düsseldorf)

- The Korean War through Women’s Eyes: Sinchon Museum of American War Atrocities with Dr Suzy Kim (Rutgers University), and

- Jeju 4.3 – Postmemory Aesthetics of Museal Images, with Dr Hyun Seon Lee (SOAS, University of London)

This seminar is online. Registration required in order to get the Teams link. Please, register here:https://cis.bbk.ac.uk/apex/a02u/f?p=832:100:0:::100:P100_EV_ID:36314

More information on past and upcoming seminars in the Memorial Sites series is available on the BIRMAC website:
http://www7.bbk.ac.uk/birmac/memorial-sites/

Looking forward to seeing you at one of these events,
Rebekah Cupitt & Lina Džuverović
BIRMAC Co-Directors

—
Dr Rebekah Cupitt