RACE-DISPLACEMENT  August 2021

RACE-DISPLACEMENT August 2021

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Extension of the Call for contributions: REFUGE, BORDERS AND HOME-MAKING

Martin Lundsteen <[log in to unmask]>

Martin Lundsteen <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 4 Aug 2021 17:09:26 +0100

text/plain

Dear all,

Considering the amount of interest we have decided to extend the deadline of the call for proposals until August 20, 2021.

We are looking forward to your contributions!

Best wishes,
Corina Tulbure, Antigoni Geronta & Martin Lundsteen

REFUGE, BORDERS AND HOME-MAKING
We aim to organize a workshop to contribute to the growing debate around mobility, housing
and shelter, and struggles for equal access to housing and residence in contemporary cities.
The objective is to discuss the internal and external borders that are generated on a daily basis
through the commodification and unequal access to housing, as well as to identify the state and
non-state mechanisms that contribute to processes of racialization, urban segregation and
precarity in the access to housing.
We call for contributions from: a) associations that are formally (that is, under institutional
supervision) in charge of managing the different aspects that relate to people’s mobility, b)
activists and movements that are either fighting for the right to housing and mobility or against
commodification and discrimination (including their institutionalization / administration /
systematization) or both, and c) researchers who can present their analysis of relevant case(s)
and thus expose the underlying rationale as well as make proposals for action.
We wish to share experiences and mobilizations from various cities with the aim of finding
answers and forging alliances in the fight for equal access to housing.
We expect that this workshop, bringing together a prism of experiences from different cities and
contexts will facilitate fruitful dialogue regarding a variety of experiences of fears and concerns,
proposals and solutions, as well as failures and achievements, over the last few years.
The meeting will take place in Barcelona at the beginning of December 2021 (exact dates yet to
be determined).

If you wish to participate, please submit a contribution proposal of about 350 words, including a
short biographical note.

We are interested in contributions on activism, research, policies, or studies in the following lines:
● Racialization of housing
● Refugees status in the city
● Racial capitalism and access to the city
● Informality of housing
● Struggles against commodification

The deadline to submit a proposal is August 20, 2021.

Please send your proposal to: [log in to unmask]