Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Practice Research update

Charlotte Crofts <[log in to unmask]>

BAFTSS Practice Research SIG <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 4 Jun 2021 11:04:05 +0100

text/plain

Hi All,

>>Contents
1. MPE/MeCCSA Symposium
2. Screenworks Accessibility Policy

Hope you are nearly at the end of marking and looking forward to an illustrious and/or relaxing summer! Just a quick update from the Practice SIG to alert you to a couple of things relevant to the Practice Research community. Please share widely.

1. MPE/MeCCSA Symposium
Hope to see many of you at the MPE/MeCCSA Practice Network Symposium on Monday 21 to Friday 25 June 2021. More information and full programme here: https://practice21.net/

IGNITION SESSION
Monday 21st June, 18:00-19:30
The symposium starts with a welcome introduction via Zoom and a short Q&A on what is happening and how to be involved with the interactive sessions.

VIDEO PAPERS RELEASED Tuesday 22nd June, all day
We will be releasing all of the video papers at timed intervals throughout the day. You can go to the YouTube page for any specific event and set a reminder, watch the premiere and interact via the live chat.

KEYNOTE VIDEOS RELEASED Wednesday 23rd June, all day
We will be releasing the keynote videos at timed intervals throughout the day. You can go to the YouTube page for any specific event and set a reminder, watch the premiere and interact via the live chat.

12:00 Creative Practice Research in the Age of Post Pandemic Confusion – Agnieszka Piotrowska
16:00 Valuing the research that artists and media makers actually do – Desmond Bell

OPEN SPACE INTERACTIVE SESSION Thursday 24th June, all day
The Open Space interactive sessions are intended to be participator led interactive discussion sessions. If you are new to Open Space style events we recommend you take a look at the information provided before you join the session which will be hosted in Wonder.me.

LIVE PANEL SESSIONS Friday 25th June, all day
We have two live interactive panel sessions which along with a closing session all hosted in Zoom.

10:00-10:30 Opening Remarks
(Zoom links and passwords will be emailed to all delegates prior to the event commencing)

10:30-12:00 Panel 1: Publishing Screen Media Practice Research: Editorial Approaches

14:00-15:30 Panel 2: What Difference Do We Make? Media Practice Research and Impacts.

15:45-16:45 Closing Session

POST SYMPOSIUM ACTIVITIES Saturday 26th June onwards
(more info to follow)

2. Screenworks Accessibility Policy
The Screenworks editorial team is excited to announce that we are implementing a new accessibility policy for future works published in our online journal.

To understand why we are doing this please read Deaf viewer Alice Ewing’s comments on her experience of captions, and why they are important to her: https://screenworks.org.uk/why-we-need-to-caption?fbclid=IwAR3e7-xYRZoGdeXnx_8J5vuefRJhg-WLITEn-JDES-KVBCBQrXjUgrKW8X4

You can find Screenwork’s new accessibility policy here: https://screenworks.org.uk/about-2/accessibility-policy

We look froward to receiving your submissions, and working with you to create better accessibility for academic creative practice audio-visual works: https://screenworks.org.uk/submissions.

Screenworks is published on a rolling basis and we are always open for submissions. The current Vol. 11.1 will be complete at the end of July. We will be taking a break for August and the new Vol. 12.1 will run from September 2021 to August 2022. All new submissions are asked to engage with the accessibility policy should work be accepted for publication.

Thanks!

Charlotte

Dr Charlotte Crofts
Associate Professor Filmmaking, UWE Bristol
Practice Research SIG co-convenor and Editor in Chief of Screenworks