Dark Matter Day - 29 Oct

Vicky Ingram <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 26 Oct 2020 13:43:09 +0000

text/plain

Dear All,

~Message below from Xin Ran Liu at Edinburgh, inviting you and your colleagues to this event on Friday as part of Dark Matter Day~

What if everything you could see; touch or feel was only the tip of an iceberg? Ever since the late 1800s, starting with Lord Kelvin, people have postulated that there’s more to the universe than that the most powerful tools of science can detect. Over the last hundred years, there has been a growing body of evidence to strongly indicate that our universe and most of the matter in it is indeed Dark. Come and explore what scientists know we don’t know at this year’s Dark Matter Day event!

Join for free on the 29th of October at 4 pm to see live tours of the UK and US deep underground science facilities and ask our international panelist all the questions about Dark Matter you can think of. For more details:

https://www.boulby.stfc.ac.uk/Pages/dark-matter-day.aspx

Preregister now to avoid disappointment.

http://ow.ly/Wj7A50BRPwa

See you all there!

SUPA-PE how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask]

If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=SUPA-PE  or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]

• signoff SUPA-PE (to leave the list) • set SUPA-PE nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set SUPA-PE mail (to resume getting messages)