WOMEN-FIELDWORK  June 2020

WOMEN-FIELDWORK June 2020

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Invitation: First meeting of the Network (September 2020)

Dr Ana Laura Zavala Guillen <[log in to unmask]>

Women doing Fieldwork <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 9 Jun 2020 10:08:50 +0100

text/plain

INVITATION: Network of Women doing Fieldwork: First Meeting

First week of September 2020 (date to be confirmed)

MEETING PURPOSE
The meeting of the Network of Women doing Fieldwork, funded by the University of Birmingham, seeks to foster interdisciplinary dialogue and discussion on nascent issues about obstacles and challenges regarding different types of violence face by women in the field. After our workshop in April, we understand there is a need to establish the Network to organise our efforts. From a feminist and a decolonial approach, the Network aspires to work horizontally in a collective way aware of the diversity of their members capitalising on their different professional backgrounds and experiences. Although thought as a UK-based initiative initially, due to the interest showed from colleagues working in other countries, we aspire to have representatives in various academic institutions in the Global North and in the Global South. We want this meeting to be a place to conspire together for better academic cultures that help us to conduct research more safely. Accordingly, we will think together about the VISION, AIMS and a PLAN of ACTION of the Network.

CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
We call for contributions of women PGRs, ECRs and STEM to express their interests in joining and developing the Network of Women doing Fieldwork. The objective of this call is for the organising team to plan the agenda of the meeting around members’ concerns and invite speakers when appropriate. The expression of interest should not exceed 200 words and include: name, contact details, affiliation, professional background/experience/field, and the particular topic of interest to be addressed by the Network. Please also indicate if you are willing to present for 10 minutes your main interests and expectations regarding joining this Network. Please submit by the 5th of July 2020. Send the expression of interest to one of the following emails with the heading ‘Women doing Fieldwork – First Meeting’: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]

ORGANISATION AND LOGISTICS
This one-day workshop will take place during the first week of September on the online platform of the University of Birmingham, School of Geography, Earth and Environmental Sciences.

SPREAD THE WORD
Please help us to share this blog with your colleagues and allies: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/geography/news/dealing-violence-women-doing-fieldwork

ORGANISERS
Dr Ana Laura Zavala Guillen, School of Geography, Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of Birmingham (e: [log in to unmask] - Twitter.com/ZG_AnaLau)
PhD Candidate in Human Geography, Itzel San Roman Pineda, Department of Geography, University of Sheffield (e: [log in to unmask] - Twitter.com/itzelsanroman)
PhD Candidate in Physical Geography, Jennifer Lidia Veenstra, Department of Geography, University of Sheffield ([log in to unmask])