SEATS  June 2020

SEATS June 2020

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: Using SEAtS Attendance Module in Lockdown

Jim Keane <[log in to unmask]>

SEAtS software <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 19 Jun 2020 14:50:53 +0000

text/plain

Hi Linda, All,

Greetings from a very wet and grey day in the East Riding of Yorkshire.

We use Panopto for our lecture capture which was in use on campus and is now in use off-campus as lecturing staff can record from home with only a computer and microphone. Panopto have an API which allows you to pull data like:

UserID  Name       Date	    SecondsWatched  SessionWatched                                       Module  Duration  State

123123  Jim Keane  01/06/2020  600             Lockdown and Alcohol Consumption on 22/10/2019 (Tue) 321321   7199.39   Complete

We are just starting to analyse this data, but it looks like it will proxy for attendance and can be combined with VLE and other systems usage.

SEAtS have got the Cases API working too, so we will have the ability to filter our students by their case information too.

Hope the above is of interest (

Best wishes,

Jim