PGTP  March 2020

PGTP March 2020

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Upcoming Network Events about online teaching

Jane Rowe <[log in to unmask]>

PGTP ASME SIG <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 28 Mar 2020 10:23:03 +0000

text/plain

Dear all

Given the level of interest in online teaching, we will be offering two network meetings in the next couple of weeks, probably via Zoom.  Apologies for the short notice, but we've all been a little preoccupied this week whilst also wanting to put these on sooner rather than later.

The first will be this coming Wednesday 1st April at 3pm, entitled ‘Everything you wanted to ask about moving to online teaching but didn’t want to ask’. This will be based on top tips from Gill Aitken and her team at the University of Edinburgh, who have been running their Clinical Education programme fully online for some time now.

The second will be on Thursday 9th April at 7 pm entitled ‘The nitty gritty of online PGT, from those in the know’. This will be more of a sharing session for the PGTP SIG group, based on the experiences of any of us who have experienced designing and delivering online courses.

ASME have confirmed that they won’t be charging for these sessions, but are keen to take registrations, so details of how to join will come either from us via this list, or directly from the ASME office (we’re not sure yet).  In the meantime, we hope this message reaches as many of you as possible so you can set the time aside in your diaries.

As mentioned, you may be asked to register with ASME as well, but in the meantime it would be really useful for us to know via this list whether you are intending to come to one, both or neither of the webinars – just so that we have an idea of numbers in advance.

Thanks, and stay well.

Best wishes

Jane, Gill and Annie

Jane Rowe, Senior Fellow HEA
Lecturer in Postgraduate Education
Programme Lead for Masters in Clinical Education
Teaching Team for Masters in Healthcare Management, Leadership & Innovation
Postgraduate Education Team
Express Diagnostics Building
6 Research Way
Plymouth Science Park