NEURODIVERSITY  March 2020

NEURODIVERSITY March 2020

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

ZOOM meeting with Prof Philip Asherson ‘ADHD Action top 10 tips!’ Tuesday 31st of March (BST 12:00-13:00)

Dr Ranjita Dhital <[log in to unmask]>

Neurodiversity In/And Research <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 25 Mar 2020 19:29:43 +0000

text/plain

Hello everyone,

I hope you’re keeping well and bearing up with this extraordinary turn of events in our world right now. This is a challenging time for many who are neurodiverse, but it could also be the beginning of new possibilities to improve our working culture. I for one am enjoying working from home and learning to use new technologies. Though homeworking can have its ups and downs.

To lift our spirits during this difficult time Kai and I would like to invite you to our first Neurodiversity In/And Creative Research Network event. This will be a ZOOM meeting and our Network member, Professor Philip Asherson, from King's College London has kindly offered to present ‘ADHD Action top 10 tips!’ on Tuesday 31st of March (British Summer Time 12 PM to 1 PM). For those of you have never used ZOOM before, it works like Skype and Teams. You do not need to register to join the meeting.

On 31st March 12:00BST, simply click or copy and paste the link to your browser to join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/689385620?pwd=ZklXVTdTY2JtZ0xWdXpmUkxVSGRndz09

Meeting ID: 689 385 620
Password: 026673

Professor Philip Asherson is Professor of Psychiatry at the Social, Genetic and Developmental Psychiatry Research Centre King’s College London. He is a global authority on adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). His work has focused on clinical, family, twin and genetic studies of ADHD across the lifespan. More recently he have been working on understanding the links between the mental phenomena experienced by people with ADHD. Philip is President of the UK Adult ADHD Network which supports the development of support services for adults with ADHD. He is also scientific advisor to ADHD Europe, which is a service user led organisation supporting third sector support for people with ADHD. A member of the Neurodiversity Peer Support Network at King’s College London, Philip was also Kai’s mentor for the art-psychiatry commission #MagicCarpet (2017-2019).

These are the 'Ten Tips to Help Us Through This Crisis' Philip will be sharing, which are useful, not just for those with ADHD:
1. Stick to your normal daily routine as best you can
2. Don't beat yourself up if this breaks down a little
3. Give yourself internal and external space
4. Keep connected using phone and video links
5. Offer to help your community if circumstances allow
6. Lower your expectations, both for yourself and others
7. Keep up-to-date with news on the crisis once a day from credible source
8. If you need time to vent, worry or wallow, set a time(r) for this
9. Internal worst-case scenarios most likely do not reflect reality
10. People are resourceful and often thrive in a crisis

ADHD Action www.adhdaction.org

We will start promptly at 12 PM. That is also when the link will be live. There will be time for Q&A and discussion. As we are in different parts of the world, and amid new tasks we’re having to attend to, we understand it may not be possible for everyone to join this time, but we hope to meet you at our next online event.

Take care, and with all best wishes,

Ranjita and Kai,

Neurodiversity In/And Creative Research Network co-founders

Dr Ranjita Dhital MSc, PhD, MRPharmS, FHEA, FRSPH

Lecturer in Pharmacy Practice
Pharmacy Research UK Leverhulme Fellow Architecture of Pharmacies
Reading School of Pharmacy
University of Reading