MICROSOFT-IDENTITY February 2020

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: Rules extensions, in or out?

"Andy Swiffin (Staff)" <[log in to unmask]>

Discussion for MS IDM tools liks ILM and FIM <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 5 Feb 2020 09:25:30 +0000

text/plain

We do a few things, particularly in the AD export, where we have no need anywhere else of the value and haven't really seen a big performance hit.  At our peak we had a metaverse with 130,000 user objects.

Not rules extension related (there isn't one on this MA) but we did see something recently that did cause a significant performance hit on every delta sync from a sql ma.   For reasons I'm not sure of (upstream issues) we import the two Talis attributes from a separate sql feed from the ordinary student/staff feeds.   The logic on this was resulting in them supplying 7000 user objects (out of a total of 70,000) with no attributes who were not in the metaverse (ineligible to have accounts), these are then disconnectors.   Getting the logic tightened up, that was reduced from 7000 to 2000 (even they shouldn't be there!)  but this reduced the average delta sync time from 20+ minutes to 3 minutes...

Cheers
Andy