Accessing the ARCHER compute resource

Andrew Brown <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 8 May 2018 12:56:38 +0100

text/plain

If you have not already applied for access to ARCHER and the UK-AMOR compute resource, please find the instructions below.

To use the ARCHER budget you should request a new login account via ARCHER:SAFE. Even if you already have an existing login account for another project, a new username is required.

When asked to select the budget/project to which you are requesting access, choose e585: UK-AMOR.

There are three sub-projects with distinct budget allocations- they are

e585-RMT
e585-UKRMol
e585-astrofusion

Hopefully the names are descriptive enough to identify under which subproject(s) your calculations should fall. If it is not clear to me which subproject(s) you should be in, then I'll contact you for clarification. Note it is the subproject code that you will charge in your PBS submission scripts.

Let me know if you have any queries.

Andrew