CCP4BB January 2018

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: Issues with latest XDS (20171218)

"Weiergräber, Oliver H." <[log in to unmask]>

"Weiergräber, Oliver H." <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 24 Jan 2018 14:06:25 +0000

text/plain

Dear Clemens, dear Kay,

I absolutely agree with your statement regarding responsibilities. Unfortunately, for a user of a synchrotron beamline, it is hardly possible to _know_ that the distance (or any beam or camera parameter) provided by the beamline software is in error. In the end indications can only be derived from the behaviour of software used for processing. Of course developers are not responsible for hardware issues, but since such issues do occur in real life, the software may still help spotting them ;-)

Given that IDXREF runs very fast, why not have it probe the shifts of parameters for a full refinement scope and issue a warning if things look suspicious, giving the user options how to proceed (similar to the not-so-infrequent case of "insufficient percentage of indexed reflections").

Best regards

Oliver

  PD Dr. Oliver H. Weiergräber

  Institute of Complex Systems