Victory at Newcastle

Nick Megoran <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 7 Jun 2016 00:37:57 +0000

text/plain

Dear Critters,

Many thanks to all who signed our petition against coercive targets-based performance management at Newcastle University. After a year of hard-fought opposition and organisation, culminating in 'action short of a strike', the management today made a substantial climb-down. This is good news, not least because many people told us we could not stop this.

https://www.change.org/p/chris-brink-say-no-to-coercive-performance-management-at-newcastle-university

Peace - Nick

-----Original Message-----

From: A forum for critical and radical geographers [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of CRIT-GEOG-FORUM automatic digest system

Sent: 07 June 2016 00:01

To: [log in to unmask]

Subject: CRIT-GEOG-FORUM Digest - 5 Jun 2016 to 6 Jun 2016 (#2016-158)

Topics of the day:

  1. Homelessness + Austerity Public Forum - 17th June

  2. five year post, African Centre for Cities, University of Cape Town

  3. CFP: Annual Centre for Refugee Studies Student Conference  at York

     University, Toronto

  4. Fwd: five year post, African Centre for Cities, University of Cape Town

  5. Thinking Love: a conference with Luce Irigaray, 9-11 June - registration

     closes 7 June

  6. The Materiality of Nothing - Workshop, Lancaster University 14th July

     10.00 - 17.00

  7. Assistant Professor Urban Design and Digital Development (1,0 fte)

     University of Groningen, The Netherlands

  8. The 10th Conference of the Pacific Rim Community Design Network: Agency

     and Resilience

  9. Inputs invited for "The need for National level strategy for Open

     Principles in Geospatial"

 10. Planning the SEXY CITY - literature (2)  11. Academic Bullying (2)