TECHNICALTEACHING  February 2016

TECHNICALTEACHING February 2016

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: TECHNICALTEACHING Digest - 3 Feb 2016 to 4 Feb 2016 (#2016-7)

Nathan Chenery <[log in to unmask]>

Sharing Technical Teaching and Learning Practice <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 5 Feb 2016 11:08:16 +0000

text/plain

We have a tutorial booking system which we have talked about using however booking machinery is tricky for all the reasons already outlined.

At the moment we have a looser first come first served list (physically on the wall) during busy times. This gives priority to certain groups at certain times. It tends to be ok if students are feeling patient, we get more issues when different courses need to get on a machine at similar times.

In my experience, the course I support is to fluid and timetables lead to students getting more annoyed when I'm not there at the exact time. It's a very difficult balance to meet but I find more can get done through an open approach.

Nathan Chenery
Fine Art Technical Demonstrator
York St John University

E-mail: [log in to unmask]