JiscMail Logo

Help for CALICE-SPEAKERS-BUREAU Archives

CALICE-SPEAKERS-BUREAU Archives

CALICE-SPEAKERS-BUREAU Archives

CALICE-SPEAKERS-BUREAU@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

Message:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Topic:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Author:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LISTSERV Archives

CALICE-SPEAKERS-BUREAU Home

CALICE-SPEAKERS-BUREAU Home

CALICE-SPEAKERS-BUREAU  February 2016

CALICE-SPEAKERS-BUREAU February 2016

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Log In

Get Password

Get Password

Re: ICHEP 2016: talks from CALICE

Frank Simon <[log in to unmask]>

Frank Simon <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 4 Feb 2016 16:28:34 +0900

text/plain

Dear all,

now that the ICHEP deadline is almost upon us we have to move forward with our abstracts. From the LLR group there is a strong push to have an abstract focusing on SiW - apparently they have a draft, but I have not seen it yet.

Personally, I think it is highly unlikely that we will get more than two talks, so in the end this might not be very beneficial. But if done right it could be incorporated in the global plan in a coherent way. That abstract would then also point out the benefits of the CALICE activities to CMS and ATLAS upgrades - at the moment our “exports” that receive most attention. In this scenario, we would have two technology abstracts and one on performance / analysis. I hope that I get the draft in the next hours, so that we can see how to make this all work, but it would be good if you would form your opinion already now.

In this scenario, we would have the following
- Technical abstact covering advances towards solving “real-world” system aspects for highly granular calorimeters and mass production techniques for AHCAL and SDHCAL, potentially also ScintECAL, latest test beam results and an outlook towards planned combined test beams which will expand our “technology mix"
- SiW Abstract focusing on technical prototype, synergies with CMS and ATLAS developments (while not stepping on their territory - this is something for Vincent and Jean-Claude to ensure, since they are pushing this)
- Analysis Abstract covering latest SiW G4 results, SDHCAL results & simulations, AHCAL & Combined detector hadron shower results, …

We will write the abstracts based on the input we have?

Cheers,

Frank