JiscMail Logo

Help for CALICE-SPEAKERS-BUREAU Archives

CALICE-SPEAKERS-BUREAU Archives

CALICE-SPEAKERS-BUREAU Archives

CALICE-SPEAKERS-BUREAU@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

Message:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Topic:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Author:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LISTSERV Archives

CALICE-SPEAKERS-BUREAU Home

CALICE-SPEAKERS-BUREAU Home

CALICE-SPEAKERS-BUREAU  February 2016

CALICE-SPEAKERS-BUREAU February 2016

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Log In

Get Password

Get Password

Re: CALICE abstracts for ICHEP 2016

Kiyotomo Kawagoe <[log in to unmask]>

Kiyotomo Kawagoe <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 5 Feb 2016 20:46:43 +0900

text/plain

Dear Marina and all,

Thank you for your effort. I think that the abstracts are good enough.

best regards, Kiyotomo

> [...]
>
> The CALICE collaboration is developing highly granular calorimeters primarily to establish those technologies for experiments at a future lepton collider optimized for particle flow event reconstruction. These technologies are now also finding applications in other areas, such as upgrades for the LHC. After the successful validation of the principle of imaging calorimeters with different electromagnetic and hadronic physics prototypes, the emphasis has now shifted to technological prototypes that address system issues relevant for full detector systems and production techniques amenable to mass production. At the example of the SiPM-based Analog Hadron Calorimeter and the RPC-based Semi-Digital Hadron Calorimeter, we will discuss new developments on electronic integration, the fabrication of large size detector elements extending over several square meters and techniques for the mass production and assembly of scintillator tiles. We will also report results from recent beam tests of such elements, and give an outlook on the development towards combined beam tests of different CALICE technological prototypes integrated via a common DAQ system.

> Test Beam Performance and Detailed Studies of the Structure of Hadronic Showers with Highly Granular Calorimeters
>
> The highly granular calorimeters developed and tested by the CALICE collaboration have provided large data samples with precise three-dimensional information on hadronic showers with steel and tungsten absorbers and silicon, scintillator and gas detector readout. We will discuss the performance of the RPC-based Semi-Digital Hadron Calorimeter in terms of energy resolution and pattern recognition, compared to Geant4 based simulations including a detailed modeling of the RPC response. The influence of granularity on the resolution obtained with digital, semi-digital and analog reconstruction method will be demonstrated based on the analogue HCAL data and simulations. We will also present the results of the performance studies of the combined scintillator-based calorimeter system (Sc-W ECAL, Sc-Fe AHCAL and Sc-Fe TCMT). The validation of the system with muons and electrons will be discussed as well as the single hadron energy resolution using both classical energy reconstruction and software compensation techniques in comparison with the predictions of Geant4 simulations. We will show the parametrisation of the radial development of hadronic showers in the Sc-Fe AHCAL and the progress in the predictions of several Geant4 physics lists. The results of the detailed measurement of hadronic showers in the SiW ECAL in terms of integral observables will be also presented; the observables, which characterise the interaction region and tracks produced by secondaries will be analyzed and compared to Geant4 simulations.

Kiyotomo Kawagoe: [log in to unmask], Professor, Department of Physics, Faculty of Science
Director of Research Center for Advanced Particle Physics (RCAPP), Kyushu University
744 Motooka Nishi-ku Fukuoka, 819-0395 Japan, tel +81-92-802-4052