Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Happy New Year

Nathan Chenery <[log in to unmask]>

Sharing Technical Teaching and Learning Practice <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 20 Jan 2016 12:49:08 +0000

text/plain

Hi All,

Happy New Year. I am delighted to see the Technical Teaching JISCmail in use this morning and people opening up and sharing knowledge.

With a new year lets try a new start and get this up and running. It has never seem to get off the ground despite support for the idea when people are together in a room. Maybe there is no need but I still think we all do so much and are so innovative in our approach to supporting HE that there must be questions and best practice to share.

It's interesting as this morning I have been working with a new member of staff helping them to put together their take on supporting a module and setting up a timetable. Talking through approaches that address both the teaching and the practical organisation of these activities. I defiantly have been letting auto pilot take over, there have been reason, but still this is not good practice and also less enjoyable.

So my new year input is we all need to keep questioning, keep pushing and not let the day to day (and essential) get in the way of the important part which is helping student, teaching students.

All the best,

Nathan

Nathan Chenery
Fine Art Technical Demonstrator
York St John University

Tel: 01904876070

This email and any files transmitted with it were intended solely for the addressee. If you have received this email in error please let the sender know by return.

Please think before you print.