Re: accessible toilets on trains

"Shane T. Hogan" <[log in to unmask]>

Accessibuilt list <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 8 Jan 2016 15:49:47 +0000

text/plain

Hi Justin

I wasn't suggesting that the doors would close or lock automatically. I was

suggesting that the two separate close and lock buttons be combined into

one close/lock button. Is there ever a scenario where you want to close the

door from the inside but not lock it?

If users are unfamiliar with these controls, there is a risk that they will

close, but not lock the door. If somebody from outside presses the 'open'

button while the user is using the toilet, this could lead to some

embarrassment. I'm just not getting why you need separate close and lock

buttons. Am I missing something?

Regards

Shane

Shane Hogan

Senior Standards Officer and Senior Policy Advisor

National Disability Authority

Email: [log in to unmask]

Web: http://www.nda.ie

Direct Line: 01-6080497

Key online resources from the National Disability Authority:

Accessibility toolkit:

http://nda.ie/Resources/Accessibility-toolkit/

Online disability training:    http://elearning.nda.ie

Accessible buildings: