PSCI-COM  June 2015

PSCI-COM June 2015

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: PSCI-COM Digest - 9 Jun 2015 to 10 Jun 2015 (#2015-132)

Catarina Amorim <[log in to unmask]>

psci-com: on public engagement with science

Thu, 11 Jun 2015 10:15:31 +0000

text/plain

Upstream engagement, from what I understand, is to start with citizens and then going up the food chain - consensus conferences (originally from Denmark) are a good example. Unfortunately, so far , their decisions/conclusions although reaching the political organs (this in denmark) have so far failed to make any real impact in their decisions.

Klüver, L. (1995) ‘Consensus Conferences at the Danish Board of Technology’ in Joss, S. & Durant, J.
(eds.) Public Participation in Science: The Role of Consensus Conferences in Europe, London: Science
Museum, pp. 41-52.

Best
————
Catarina Amorim
DPhil (Immunology) MSc (Science Communication)
Mobile: +44 (0) 7789635449
http://users.ox.ac.uk/~lina0785/english%20index.html
http://www.science20.com/profile/catarina_amorim