Re: CCP4 Release 6.5

Eugene Krissinel <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 19 Dec 2014 12:36:13 +0000

text/plain

> Does this mean I need to download the installation package from the CCP4

- yes

> and is this why the update tool in 6.4.0 is not showing up the latest release?

- no, this must be something different

> Should I install into the current 6.4.0 directory or a new one?

- some CCP4 components rely on CCP4 directory name to be correct. It is therefore advisable to keep it as suggested by CCP4 installer/tarball, which is ‘ccp4-6.5’ for this release

> Will my existing data folders etc. be retained?

- you should be able to see all your data and projects in ccp4i after upgrade; I do not remember reports on lost data due to CCP4 upgrade from users :)

Best regards,

Eugene