Bullying Through Technology

Sam Farley <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 24 Oct 2014 11:33:23 +0100

text/plain

Hi All,

This may be of interest to some on the IAMS list.

I'm a doctoral researcher at the University of Sheffield, investigating how negative behaviours received through technology affect employees. To understand the impact of negative technology perpetrated acts, I'm looking for volunteers to take a questionnaire involving questions on negative technological experiences, job satisfaction, health and work engagement.

To obtain data that will give a casual indication of how negative technological behaviours affect people, I need to collect data now and again in six months' time. Therefore I would like to invite you to complete this survey as well as a second survey that will be distributed in six months time.

This study has been ethically approved by the Sheffield University Management School. All responses are anonymous and strictly confidential. You are also free to withdraw from the study at any time by closing the web page. To participate in the study click on the link below:

https://sheffieldmanagement.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_doJyAmzaHydsUZL

The survey should take no longer than 20 minutes to complete. The information we gather will be used alongside current research evidence to provide guidelines for limiting the damage done to employees by negative technological behaviour.

I would not be able to offer much in return for your kindness. However if you would like a copy of the study feedback report, please email me at [log in to unmask] I am also happy to answer any questions you have about the study.

Thank you for your time.

Sam Farley

Doctoral Researcher
University of Sheffield