Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: Campaign for Wisdom-Inquiry

Alan Rayner <[log in to unmask]>

Group concerned that academia should seek and promote wisdom <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 28 Jun 2014 09:18:13 +0100

Dear Ian,

Your message regarding practicalities of how to 'spread the word' is on
point.

As you indicate, the question is, what is the 'word' that this Campaign is
seeking to spread?

And that is where this Campaign stumbles. This is where the leadership of
'Friends of Wisdom' has always stumbled and continues to do so.

This Campaign does not clearly recognise or address the root of the problems
it is seeking to remedy, and so finds itself peeing on fires, while doing
nothing to prevent the fires from getting started in the first place.

The root of the problem is psychological intransigence based on the abstract
objectification of what is perceived as 'other'. It is the illusion of
definitive separation of one thing from another, which is sustained by
two-value logic and its underlying misrepresentation of natural space and
boundaries as sources of absolute discontinuity.

The way through that psychological barrier is signposted in the attached.
Only once that barrier has been breached will there be any chance of
bringing all the disparate voices questioning the status quo into
confluence.

Warmest

Alan