JiscMail Logo

Help for JISCMAIL-NEWSLETTER Archives

JISCMAIL-NEWSLETTER Archives

keeping you up to date with news, information, training and help.

JISCMAIL-NEWSLETTER@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

Message:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Topic:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Author:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LISTSERV Archives

JISCMAIL-NEWSLETTER Home

JISCMAIL-NEWSLETTER Home

JISCMAIL-NEWSLETTER  April 2014

JISCMAIL-NEWSLETTER April 2014

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Log In

Get Password

Get Password

Issue affecting Yahoo email subscribers to lists

JiscMail Helpline <[log in to unmask]>

JiscMail Helpline <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 11 Apr 2014 15:56:35 +0100

text/plain

Yahoo have recently changed the security settings on their email servers which is causing major issues with mailing list services across the world, including JiscMail.

Yahoo have changed their security settings in a way that causes emails sent through a mailing list service to be identified as junk-mail by email providers that using certain security systems. This causes many email providers including Google, Microsoft and Yahoo themselves, to reject any list emails originating from a Yahoo account. These rejections, can in some cases, cause subscribers to be removed from lists due to the number of rejected messages.

In order to protect our subscribers and our service we have been advised to stop Yahoo subscribers from posting to *any* JiscMail lists and we have implemented this change.

Yahoo subscribers will still receive messages from lists.

If a Yahoo subscriber tries to post to a JiscMail list, the message will be forwarded to the list owner(s) with this message:
The enclosed message, found in the L-SOFT mailbox and shown under the spool
ID 278571919 in the system log, has  been identified as a possible delivery
Error notice for the  following reason: mail origin is listed  in the "Filter="
List header keyword (or its default value for the L-SOFT list).

Unfortunately this message cannot be edited.

We have advised list owners of lists with Yahoo subscribers to:
1. Post a message to the list (or contact them off the list) and pass on the information from this message.
2. Ask your Yahoo subscribers to re-join your list using a non-Yahoo email service provider.
3. Ask your Yahoo subscribers to contact Yahoo to complain about the changes to their security settings.

We are also posting this message to JISCMAIL-NEWSLETTER but are aware that not all of our subscribers are members of this list, so you may wish to post this message to your list.

We have stopped email addresses being automatically deleted from lists - in case Yahoo subscribers have already posted to lists.

More information on this issue can be read here:
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9247512/Yahoo_email_anti_spoofing_policy_breaks_mailing_lists?pageNumber=1

Sorry for the inconvenience and hassle that this causes, and we'll keep you updated.

Thanks,

Lisa

--
Lisa Vincent