CYCLING-AND-SOCIETY  February 2014

CYCLING-AND-SOCIETY February 2014

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Significant researchers & Journal of Cycling for Transport

Randy Rzewnicki <[log in to unmask]>

Cycling and Society Research Group discussion list <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 10 Feb 2014 11:17:13 +0100

text/plain

At ECF and similar organizations, we seek to apply empirical evidence to policy recommendations.

For the purposes of such work, I would welcome a journal focused on "urban cycling" or "Cycling for Transport & Logistics & fun too".

It could be a first stop reference for people like myself and professional colleagues.

It is also one that I could argue we could subscribe to, if that were needed. It's a lot harder to justify tight budget expenditure on one or a few such subscriptions in journals where cycling appears too infrequently.

I am sensitive to the arguments of Handy & Pucher - which I respect highly. Cycling is just PART of the urban solution.

Mine are restricted to our perspective of ease of access to high quality evidence that we can use to do our job.

On the academic side of things, If there were to be such a new journal, I would strongly encourage consideration of how to share "Negative results" in the field. How can such valid information be shared and considered as well?

For the list of "Significant researchers" in Cycling

I add  a few who I have had personal contact and experience with recently:

Peter COX  -

Carmen Hagemeister - Dresden

Dorothy Robinson - Australia

Ros Poulos <[log in to unmask]>

Ingrid J.M. Hendriksen, TNO Quality of Life ,  Leiden NL. <[log in to unmask]>

Bas De Geus - VUB, Brussels

And many more who are members of the ECF Scientists for Cycling network

The following names were proffered by a colleague at CTC who was in recent contact with them:

Dave Horton (UK)  http://www.its.leeds.ac.uk/fileadmin/user_upload/UWCReportSept2011.pdf

David Ogilvie (UK) http://www.mrc-epid.cam.ac.uk/research/research-areas/physical-activity-and-public-health/

Jason Henderson (US - San Francisco)

With collegial greetings from

Randy

Dr Randy Rzewnicki

Policy officer & Project Manager

 Current projects include : CycleLogistics & PRO-E-BIKE

European Cyclists' Federation asbl

Tel: +32 2 880 9274 (direct -9278)

GSM: +32 486 481 422

Email: [log in to unmask]